Hailing from Louisville, Kentucky, Blackstone Media CEO Taylor Trusty has always been about growth and progress. His latest company offers teams in a wide variety of industries the ability to crank out web and digital marketing solutions in order to accelerate their own expansion. Now a part of Primary, he’s our featured member of the week.
1. How long have you been working at Primary?
I’ve been at Primary since September 2016.
2. Can you tell us a little bit about Blackstone Media? What lead you to the creation of your company?
Sure! Blackstone Media is a 10-year-old digital marketing agency headquartered in Louisville, KY. I started the company there and moved to NYC last year to expand into this market. We build high-end, complex brands, websites, and digital strategies for largely B2B companies.
We have a beautiful office in downtown Louisville with a team of about 20 people. I’m on video and phone conferences all day with that team and our clients.
Some of our clients include Toyota Material Handling, Mercer, Brown-Forman, Petfirst Pet Insurance, and Jackson Warewashing.
3. How do you like to stay active?
I was a fairly intense Crossfitter before moving here. I’m still getting into the groove of a good box or gym. I really enjoy hiking and biking.
4. Are you a coffee or tea drinker? How do you take your coffee or tea?
Coffee with a bit of skim milk.
5. What’s your favorite part about working at Primary?
I love the studio!
6. What is your latest and/or favorite wellness habit?
I’ve been to several meditation retreats and events in the last few weeks and have really enjoyed them.
7. Word of advice for work/ life balance in NYC?
I haven’t lived here long enough to give anyone advice, ha.
8. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
Hong Kong or Australia.
9. One thing on your bucket list for 2017?
Spend at least two weeks traveling outside the US!
10. What is something that your co-workers would be surprised to find out about you?
I pretend to not know a lot of social references because they find it funny. Some of them I really don’t know, but others I play up because it’s a good time and they love laughing at my expense.
Let Primary help you in your search for a productive coworking experience. Sign up for a personalized tour of NYC’s first wellness integrated workspace.